Plastic Extruder Screens and Woven Wire Mesh Filters
Plastic Extruder Screens and Woven Wire Mesh Filters made from Locker wire mesh have
many extrusion applications within the plastics industry. Some examples are:
- Reclamation of Plastic Waste
The recycled plastic recovered from post-consumer waste is in ever increasing demand.
- This is due in part to the costs of landfill and the consumers' desire for more eco-friendly products.
- The new plastic 'raw' material is gained by heating waste plastic and passing it through an
- extruder screen filter within a plastic extrusion machine.
- The extruder screen filter removes contaminents such as paper,
- allowing the clean recycled plastic to be collected at the end of the process.
- This can then be manufactured into a new product which has reduced
- the negative impact of using new plastic material.
- Extruded Profiles
Wire mesh extruder screen filters are extensively used in the extrusion of plastic profiles.
- Applications include UPVC window profiles, plastic tubing ranging from gutters to
- industrial utility pipes and custom made extrusions.
- Blown Film Extrusion
Extruder screen filters are used in the production of polythene bags,
- waste sacks and plain 'cling' film to name but a few.
- The wire mesh extrusion filters are an essential part of this process
as they remove any remaining impurities
- in the plastic so that the end product does not have any flaws in it.
Our high speed machinery, coupled with an extensive range of standard disc sizes,
enables us to offer a wide variety of industrial wire mesh extruder screen filters.
We also stock filter belts for use in automatic screen changers.
table of Dutch Weave Specifications
These diameters can be supplied in all of our Standard Stock Specifications as well as
the range of Dutch Weaves in both stainless and plain steel where applicable.
Extruder Screen Filter Types
Single Extruder Screen Filters
They are predominantly used in the plastic reclamation industry,
often with a Dutch Weave filter used in conjunction with a plain weave support filter.
These are also used in the extruded profiles and blown film industries where the contamination
of the raw material is less and there is often lower pressure within the extruder head.
Spot Welded Packs
These are excellent for use in any field where a specific graduated filtration is required.
Another advantage is that it stops single screen filters being placed into the extruder incorrectly.
For example a pack consisting of three meshes could consist of a 10mesh / 20mesh / 10mesh;
meaning that whichever way the wire mesh filter is placed into the extruder head, it will work correctly.
These are spot-welded packs that have an Aluminium or Stainless steel rim added to them
to give the wire mesh filter extra rigidity and strength.
These are excellent for use where the extruder screen filter is operating at high pressures or
if there is a danger of contamination getting around the edge of the breaker plate.
abnormal filter disc
this special type can also be customized according to customers' requirements.